Reporting Road Hazards

The HBBCA checked with agencies in the Humboldt Bay region to determine appropriate contact personnel to respond to bike-related issues.  If you see a condition that needs to be corrected in order to improve safety or convenience for cyclists such as a pothole in a bike lane, accumulated debris on a roadway shoulder, the need to re-stripe a bike lane, the need to clear vegetation encroaching on a shoulder, or a street light that is out, call the responsible agency/person listed below.

Of course, if you see a condition that requires immediate attention, like a stop sign knocked down, call 9-1-1.  For non-emergency conditions, the following contact information is provided:
District 1 Customer Service Liaison
441-5655 or
County of Humboldt
Road Maintenance Dispatcher
Abandoned Vehicles: County Sheriff’s Office, 445-7251
or Code Enforcement, 445-7236
City of Arcata
Melanie Dabill 
Public Works Administrative Assistant
Abandoned Vehicles:
Arcata Police Dept. at 822-2424
City of Eureka
Public Works Department
441-4203 (link sends e-mail)
Abandoned Vehicles:

(Rev. 5/26/2019)